Corporate Social Responsibility
INFLUENCE aims to produce all products as responsibly as possible. This is a continuing process between INFLUENCE and its manufacturers.
We know that everything we do has an impact on the environment and we want to take responsibility for this and act as sustainably as possible in our operations. And always are looking for green(er) alternatives.
Producing and selling fashion products will always require raw material and natural resources. We believe it is our responsibility to have awareness on this environmental impact and we want to do what we can to minimize it.
INFLUENCE collections are mainly produced in India. We have been working for years with the same producers; they have grown with us and know exactly what kind of quality we desire. Our goal is to increase the use of environmental preferable materials. We have noticed that the demand of sustainable fabrics is growing. Therefore we are getting more and more possibilities to produce our collections sustainable and ethical.
At INFLUENCE we are aware of the waste of energy, paper, food and other materials. All disposals are separated and we are always looking for ways to reduce, re-use and minimize waste disposal. Our goal is to use environmental certified consumables, like food, happy meat, drinks, office paper, fair trade coffee and organic teas. We also encourage our suppliers to use recycled plastics or other environmental preferable materials and solutions.
Respect for Human Rights
Influence respects Human Rights and more specifically:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948;
- The International Labour Organization’s (I.L.O) Fundamental Conventions;
- The conventions of the UN on the Rights of the Child and on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women;
- The ten principles of the United Nations’ Global Compact.
Respect for The Health of Users
Influence products with are compliant with European regulations (including the requirements of the REACH regulation) on the use of chemical products and substances, which can have harmful effects on human health. In order to guarantee the safety of its products, the company relies on the SGS, INTERTEL, BUREAU VERITAS, TUV testing reports, which is widely recognized in the leather industry.
Protection of The Environment
Influence uses its best efforts to reduce the impact of its activities on the environment and more specifically in the following areas:
- Management of chemical products and hazardous materials;
- Management of wastewater and solid waste;
- Management of gaseous releases;
- Waste reduction and recycling;
- Reduction of CO2 discharges related to the supply and transport of products: carbon balance, use of natural fiber from organic farming, optimization of flows and means of transport, company travel and commuting plan…
- Management of end-of-life products and their recycling.